Biography

Philip Nunn was born in Melbourne in 1961. He studied music at the University Melbourne before teaching there between 1986 and 1991. Settling in London in 1991 he continues to compose and teach privately.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Residency February 2010

I'm undertaking a visit to the Hobart Con. in the next few weeks. It will coincide with the opening of the Academic year. I gather I'll be giving a seminar and be doing some individual teaching. Wearing my other hat I gather there's a mysterious stash of early instruments that need identifying. Who knows - we may find William Hance's organ!

I'm particularly interested in this institution as it's about the last of the 'old' Conservatoria in Australia to be left standing and it may be the only place offering a traditional training in the near future. The gorgons and banshees on the mainland have done their best to destroy any real educational value in favour of being able to tick the right boxes for what ever political master they're crawling up to at the time.


Oh well there goes my mainland residencies!

No comments:

Post a Comment