Biography

Philip Nunn was born in Melbourne in 1961. He studied music at the University Melbourne before teaching there between 1986 and 1991. Settling in London in 1991 he continues to compose and teach privately.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chant in Tasmania

Speaking, or rather emailing, with Maria Grenfell over the last few days we've decided that I should do some sort of introduction to performing Gregorian Chant whilst I'm in Hobart. It does make sense as I guess that is the other hat that I wear. Some time ago I anonymously authored a little book The Beginner's Guide to Chant (published by St Michael's Abbey, Farnborough) which seems to have been very successful. Anyhow in an how we'll try a potted guide to some of the issues surrounding authentic performance of the music on which much other early music is founded.

No comments:

Post a Comment